I have a Philips 47PFL7666K LED TV and a few weeks ago I started the firmware update process. Because I do not trust the WIFI that it is good enough for such a critical update process I donwloaded the fimrware on an usb stick. The size of the zip file ist 74 MB.
The installed firmware on my tv was the q5551-0.10.65.11 version. This one was very old and I donwloaded the latest version from the philips homepage.
Philips firmware download: Firmware
It was very easy to upgrade the LED TV. Please read the manuel inside the zip archive first.Installation instructions
Q5551_0.14.93.0 (Date published: 2011-12-22)
- TV starts up with sound and Ambilight, but without picture.
- TV turns off and on by itself when you browse USB or browse PC through DLNA.
- TV goes to standby by itself after 2 hours.
- Intermittent sound lost and picture lost while watching analog channels.
- Picture freeze while watching HD channels.
- Intermittent sound lost through certain set-up box connected via HDMI.
- Unable to play video files via DLNA connection.
- Unable to switch channel while watching analog channel.
- Removed the “Scrambled program” message on the purchase banner page.
- Unable to download movies from online video store. (Only applicable to country, Germany)
- Video stutters while watching digital channels. (Only applicable to country, Finland)
[sam_zone id=”2″ codes=”true”]
I just unpacked the zip file on an usb stick and reboot the TV. Then I fellowed the instruction on in the manual.
After the update was finished the TV rebooted and the latest firmware was installed.